How to Create a New Account
This tutorial will walk you through three ways of creating an account.
Once you’ve installed Keplr wallet, you’ll see four options to set up an account:
1) Google One-Click Login, 2) creating a new account via setting up new seed/mnemonic phrase, 3) importing an existing account, or 4) importing your Ledger account. This guide will show you how to create a new account for the first time, through option 1) and 2).
PLEASE NOTE: The Keplr team will never reach out and ask you to validate your wallet or type your mnemonics. Be careful of scammers.
- 1.Choose the option [Sign in with Google]
- 2.Now enter an account name (which you can change later) and input a new password. Click [Next].
- 3.Next, you'll be prompted to sign into your Google account with your email or phone (and later password). Click [Next].
- 4.And that's it! You now have a Keplr account linked with your Google login.
- 1.Clicking on the Keplr browser icon for the first time will take you to the accounts setup page. Choose option [Create new account].
- 2.The next page shows you your secret seed/mnemonic phrase.* You can select a 12 or 24 words phrase. Save this phrase in a secure place but also do not lose it. (You'll need to input this phrase into the following page.)
- 3.Next, enter a name for your account and password (you can change these later). Click on [Next].
- 4.To confirm the creation of this new account, you'll need to click on the words in the right order in which they appear in your seed/mnemonic phrase and press [Register].
- 5.Congratulations! 🎉You are now the owner of a Keplr wallet account and are ready to explore the interchain.Please visit our other guides to learn more about your wallet's features.